CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Poem/Song

I was exhausted last night. Sometimes, after a long period of Insomnia, I just get exhausted and go to bed early for a few nights. Then, it's back to insomnia. Last night, I wanted to sleep, but this song popped in my head. I can't ignore that. I have to write it down, or it's forever lost. I've learned my lesson. So much for sleep. Now I can't rest until it's finished. Of course, it's finished good enough, but I'll always mess around with it until I like it. Until it's just right. Here's the first draft.

I met this boy one fine summer day.
He asked me out. I said "okay."
He held my hand. I guess that's alright
'Cuz we were together every day and night.

Then came fall, and that boy stuck around.
I felt my other half had fin'ly been found.
One night he looked up, and something scared me.
I saw in his eyes e-ternity.

The leaves blew away, and in came the snow
And I'll tell you what, something started to grow.
What it was, I wasn't quite sure
It wasn't something I had ever felt before.

The flowers popped up, and the birds began to sing
He got down on one knee, it was a wedding ring!
"I wanna give our love a lifelong chance."
He grabbed my hand and we began to dance.

Questions came up, doubt filled my mind.
Was this love, or is love really blind?
Marriage, wow, that's quite a task.
"Honey, I've got something I've just gotta ask."

"Do you believe in love, do you believe it's true?
Do you believe that love could really see us through?"
He looked me in the eye and said "Yes I do.
I believe love believes in me and you."

Now it's been fifty years, and our mem'ry grows dim,
But he loves me, and I love him.
We've had our ups and downs, happiness and strife,
A life without him wouldn't count as a life.

----------------------------------------

That's all I got so far. It's pretty neat. Needs a better tune than what's in my head.

6 comments:

Katelyn said...

I like it.

Miranda W. said...

I dunno if I do. It seems kinda dorky. I dunno.

Katelyn said...

It's cute. I like it.

Miranda W. said...

You don't think it's cheesy? I do.

Katelyn said...

No, not at all. You only think it's cheesy because you're the one who wrote it.

Miranda W. said...

true dat