CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Learned a Lesson

Yesterday, Trevor was gone from 7:30 am to 9 pm. When he got home, we watched our weekly episode of Chuck on Hulu. Immediately after, he got really grumpy and short. Everything I did (or didn't do) made him angry. I'd try to apologize, but that was useless. I tried to explain. Even more useless. Then I laid next to him, stroked his hair and said, "I bet you've had a stressful day."

"I did!" came his reply. "It was so long! First I..." And he carried on talking about everything that stressed him. As he did so, I could almost see him becoming putty in my hands. Letting all out and winding down and being my happy, kind, and loving husband he usually is. "Whoa!" thought I, "that was easy."

Usually when he gets snappy, I get snappy right back. It's not any easier for me when he's gone. I'm alone with cranky kids all day with no car, trapped in this apartment. There's only so many times I can go to the miniature park down the street and keep my sanity! I could've said this and ranted on and on. And we would've gone to bed grumpy and on opposite sides. Instead, I let him spill his day to me. He was happy. I was happy. We went to bed cuddling, laughing, and talking. I learned a lot from that sentence. I'm gonna have to say "I bet you've had a stressful day" more often.

0 comments: