CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 15, 2006

With all my heart

For the past couple of weeks, I've been going to an investigators house with the Sister Missionaries. Usually it's just one woman, but I've heard a lot of her significant other. Today I met him.

We taught the plan of salvation. Before we could even start, he started asking us all these questions, and whenever we wanted to move onto another part, he'd ask a question right into. You couldn't have written a script better than this. As we were leaving, Sister Smith invited them to church. She also mentioned that afterward there was a baptism if they'd like to see that. He said "I'll be there. I want to get baptized, but I want to see how it's done first."

I was floored. It was the most amazing of lessons. Everything he's been wondering his whole life had been answered, and he received it. He'd tell us stories of his thoughts in his childhood. His father was catholic, his mother protestant. He never agreed with either. He had too many unfulfilled questions. As he told these stories about why our answers made sense, I was watching him talk and could tell that he's been prepared in these instances since he was very young to learn of this Gospel. I know this church is the completely true church of God. It makes too much sense not to. I love the Lord, and I know he loves his children. I am so grateful that I was able to take part in this experience.

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

Amen! That's awesome!

Kate Felt, MA. MFT said...

that is so amazing
last week I went to a Baptism of a 16 year old girl that has been coming to church for the past 6 months and she was ready to get baptized right away, she got up and bore her testimony. But her dad was a bit less inclined and so she had to wait for his permission. but he final gave it and her parents and grandma where there and I am just so happy for her and I am so happy for you and that man that has final found the truth.
“I love the lord in him my hear rejoice”